- BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 4
BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 4
29 October 2020
BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review.
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In issue 4 of 2020 we take a close look to an M&A world heavily impacted by COVID-19.
We have seen how businesses and funders around the world have had to react quickly to the impact. For many this has meant working remotely and adapting to new ways of doing business. The initial react phase, has been followed by a period of building resilience into business models to deal with social distancing measures and securing support from Governments to combat the impact on revenues. We have seen this in supply chains, routes to market with an increase in e-commerce and enhanced health and safety measures for employees and customers alike. M&A activity inevitably has suffered as a consequence of other business priorities.
As a global organisation with operations in most countries, we have been able to see how COVID-19 has affected sectors and regions differently by keeping in regular touch with our colleagues. This issue brings you up to date commentary on deal activity levels, active sectors and regions and provides in-depth analysis on potential activity in the next few months. We have seen further recovery in activity, particularly in North America and China, and our Heat Map is looking warmer than the previous 2020 editions.
- Global view – The beginning of the recovery in deal activity
- Special feature – The value of Commercial Due Diligence in healthcare and Life Sciences
- North America – M&A shows slight recovery
- Latin America – M&A activity bounces back
- UK & Ireland –M&A activity at its lowest since 2009 but picking up as confidence rebuilds
- Food & Drink Manufacturing – Resilient sector has plentiful growth opportunities through M&A
- Natural Resources – The need to have a clear narrative on Environmental, Social and Governance.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.
Original content provided by BDO United Kingdom